The Schweinfurth Art Center’s annual Quilts=Art=Quilts exhibition is opening at the end of October in Auburn and, with it, a weekend of events for quilters. Events include a Pat Pauly fabric printing workshop, the opening reception for the exhibition, and a brunch followed by a tour of the exhibit led by Schweinfurth’s executive director.
- Opening reception for “Quilts=Art=Quilts” exhibition, 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019. The reception is free and open to the public
- Quilter’s Brunch at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 27 at the Springside Inn, featuring a talk by QAQ juror Petra Fallaux. The brunch costs $22 and registration is required.
- Executive Director’s QAQ Tour at 1 p.m. The tour is free with $10 admission to the exhibits.
- Trunk Shows featuring QAQ exhibiting artists at 2 p.m. Sundays Nov. 3 and 24 and Dec. 1; free with $10 exhibit admission. Nov. 3 features Joyce Martelli, Nov. 24 is Melissa Matson, and Dec. 1 features Denise Kooperman and Thomas Knauer, author of the newly released book “Why We Quilt: Contemporary Makers Speak Out about the Power of Art, Activism, Community, and Creativity.”
- Fiber Market noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10 featuring goods direct from local farms, artisans, and artists; free with $10 exhibit admission
- Fall Fiber Retreat 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 15 to 17, featuring the Schweinfurth’s sewing and wet studios. Cost is $110 for members, $120 for nonmembers; registration is required.
For more information or to register for any of these events, please link to our website at www.myartcenter.org or call 315-255-1553