16 July concerts include 10 free + three rescheduled Specials
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra (RPO) announces its 2022 Summer Season, which includes 16 concerts from July 2 through the 29th. Tickets will go on sale beginning Friday, May 27 online at rpo.org, by phone at 585-454-2100 (Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.), and in person 60 minutes prior to curtain at the Eastman Theatre Box Office (433 East Main St.). Tickets for children ages 3-17 start at $18 and are available by phone only.
Summer kicks off with this season’s rescheduled Jurassic Park in Concert for one performance only on Saturday, July 2 at 6:30 p.m. in Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre. Audiences will experience this action-packed adventure as never before: projected in HD with your world-class RPO performing John Williams’ iconic score live to film.
Two other rescheduled Special Concerts – now part of the 2022-23 Season and sponsored by Pittsford Federal Credit Union – will take place in July, beginning with Disney’s The Little Mermaid in Concert Live to Film, on Saturday, July 9 at 6:30 p.m. in Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre. As the animated classic plays on the big screen, the RPO will perform its Oscar® and Grammy®-winning score live to film. The beloved film features songs and score by the brilliant team of Alan Menken and Howard Ashman.
Then, National Geographic’s Symphony For Our World will take place on Saturday, July 23 at 8 p.m. in Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre. It pairs National Geographic’s stunning nature footage with an original symphony composed by Bleeding Fingers Music, performed by your RPO. The 90-minute show brings viewers from the depths of the sea, up coastlines, over mountains, and soaring into the sky.
The FREE City of Rochester Parks Series takes place Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m., featuring smaller groups of RPO musicians (supported by the City of Rochester):
· July 5: Susan B. Anthony Square Park (39 King St., 14608)
· July 12: Barrington Street Park (105 Barrington St., 14607)
· July 19: 500 Norton St., 14621 (behind Northeast Quadrant Neighborhood Service Center)
· July 26: Maplewood Rose Garden (250 Maplewood Ave., 14613)
FREE outdoor concerts featuring the full orchestra include:
· Thursday, July 7 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ I Square (400 Bakers Park, 14607, by House of Guitars, supported by Howard Hanna Irondequoit Office)
· Friday, July 8 at 7 p.m.: RPO Under the Stars (Parcel 5) with Principal Pops Conductor Jeff Tyzik (supported by the City of Rochester & Downtown Definitely)
· Wednesday, July 13 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ Ontario Beach Park with Herb Smith, conductor (sponsored by Monroe County)
· Friday, July 15 at 8:30 p.m.: RPO @ Geneseo, SUNY Geneseo’s Saratoga Field with post-concert fireworks (free but ticket required: rpo.org or 585-454-2100, sponsored by The Community Foundation)
· Saturday, July 16 at 8:30 p.m. (following ball game): RPO @ Frontier Field with Byron Stripling, conductor (game ticket required: redwingsbaseball.com, 585-423-WING, sponsored by Monroe County)
· Sunday, July 24 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ Perinton Center Stage Amphitheatre Concert Series with Neil Varon, conductor (1100 Ayrault Rd, Fairport, 14450)
The remaining three summer RPO concerts are ticketed:
· Thursday, July 21 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ Bristol Mountain (tickets: rpo.org or 585-454-2100)
· Wednesday, July 27 at 7 p.m.: RPO @ Temple B’rith Kodesh with Matthew Kraemer, conductor (2131 Elmwood Ave., 14618, tickets: 585-244-7060 x229 or email@example.com)
· Friday, July 29 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ Inlet with Matthew Kraemer, conductor (Arrowhead Park, Inlet, tickets: 315-357-5501 or www.inletny.com/inlet/evening-the-symphony-1)