Market Street Social in Corning Hosts its own 3-Day Music Event with 60s-Era Tunes, Dress, Food, Drinks, Games and More.
On August 15, 1969, the grooviest event in music history kicked off three days of peace, love and rock ‘n’ roll in upstate New York. 50 years later, America’s Crystal City to the south – Corning – is bringing back the feel-good vibes. RE:Stock, a 3-day tribute party August 15 to 17, takes place in the heart of the downtown Gaffer district at the new outdoor dining and entertainment venue, Market Street Social. The free (no admission fee) event pays homage to the infamous counterculture fest by featuring 60’s-era music along with period dress, food, cocktails, contests, and more.
“We’re honoring the 50th anniversary of the festival that changed history with our own version of retro fun,” said Michele Donegan, General Manager, Radisson Hotel Corning/Market Street Social. “People are encouraged to come together at RE:Stock and celebrate the colorful hippie spirit in an open-air setting without all the mud.”
On Thursday, August 15, RE:Stock kicks off with local favorite Doc Cavallaro and his full band playing themed hits from the legendary 60s era. Then on Friday, August 16, RE:Stock puts a fresh spin on the throwback atmosphere by showcasing one of the hottest local bands covering songs from every era up to today. The event culminates on Saturday, August 17 with a live radio broadcast dedicated to spinning hits from the original 60s-era musicians. To cap it off, for those looking to make a whole night of it, the Radisson Hotel Corning on-site is offering 25 percent off on room rates by booking through the special RE:Stock discount page here. The 3-day schedule is as follows:
- August 15th: RE:Stock/60’s-era live music by the Doc Cavallaro band from 6 to 9 p.m.
- August 16th: Live music by Handsome Young Ladies from 6 to 9 p.m.
- August 17th: Live radio remote broadcast by Gem 98.7 and Magic 92.7 / 97.7’s. DJ TJ will spin RE:Stock/60s-era hits – with promos and giveaways for attendees
- All 3 Nights: RE:Stock-themed costume contests every night with prizes
- All 3 Nights: RE:Stock-themed dance and Hula-hoop contests every night with prizes
- All 3 Nights: RE:Stock-themed food and beverage menus with chef-crafted items such as:
- Granola in Dixie cups upon seating
- Hemp crusted chicken tacos with weed (wheat grass) sauce
- Bra-less turkey breast panini with tomato, bacon, cheddar and gypsy love sauce (red pepper and harissa coulis)
- Kale pot stickers
- Tie dye cocktails
- Magic Shrooms
- Acid Drop Martini (aka Lemon Drop Martini)
Located between the Radisson Hotel Corning’s north and south buildings on Market Street just steps away from the shops and museums, Market Street Social offers seasonal al fresco dining and live entertainment complemented by fire pits, games and a chic atmosphere. The patio space is open daily (weather permitting) from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. for lunch, dinner, snacks or drinks, with local musicians setting the vibe on a rotating basis. Market Street Social features local products, utilizing fresh ingredients from the surrounding Finger Lakes area in both its food and beverage programs to give guests an authentic experience. Menu examples include: jerk chicken tacos, local cheese board for two, grass fed mini burger sliders, fried calamari, fresh cut truffle fries and much more.
Market Street Social on the Market Street pedway outside Radisson Hotel Corning: 125 Denison Pkwy E, Corning, NY 14830. For more general info, visit https://www.radisson.com/corningny or call (607) 962-5000.