Reader Feedback

I enjoyed your article on moths in the summer 2012 edition. I was so pleased to finally identify the large, beautiful moth that visited our home not too long ago! It was nice to give a name to the “face.”
– Jacki McCausland, Leicester, New York


I enjoyed the story about the bomber crash on Italy Hill in the fall 2012 issue. I remember going up there to see it with my friends a long time ago!
– Shirley Foster, Anderson, South Carolina


I loved the article about Hammondsport in the Fall 2012 issue. My husband and I spent a weekend there at the Hammondsport Motel and loved it! It was one of the best times we’ve ever had in the Finger Lakes. We loved the quaintness of downtown, the shops, restaurants and the wineries. The people are so friendly. It definitely gets my vote as “America’s Coolest Small Town.”
– Linda Clark, Landsdale, Pennsylvania



A photo of mushrooms was published in the Fall 2012 issue on page 67. The mushrooms were misidentified as Golden Chanterelle. The photo actually shows Jack-O-Lantern (Omphalotus olearius) mushrooms, which are poisonous and can make a person seriously sick for several days. We apologize for this mistake. There are many websites to find more information about edible and poisonous mushrooms. Here are a few to check out: or

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *