2018 Children’s Photo Contest – 4th Annual
EXTENDED Deadline: March 16, 2018
1st, 2nd and 3rd place for best photo in each age group.
Prize plaques will be awarded, along with publication in the May/June 2018 issue.
• Up to 9 years old
• 10 to 13 years old
• 14 to 16 years old
Photos can be color or black and white. Photos can be taken using a standard camera and mobile devices such as pads and smartphones.
Subject matter is to consist of landscape and nature shots, architectural, animals and any other appropriate subject that features the Finger Lakes Region in a positive light. The photos are to be taken within the 14-county Finger Lakes Region. Click here to see the region.
Entries are limited to a total of 5 per person.
Send submissions no later than March 16, 2018 to:
Send photos to email@example.com
or by mail to:
Life in the Finger Lakes Children’s Photo Contest
PO Box 1080, Geneva NY 14456
• Send the best quality digital image you have, with the highest resolution.
Please do not send original prints or CD/DVDs – materials will not be returned.
• Only winners will be notified.
• Photographs may not have been published elsewhere and must belong to the entrant.
• Identify each photo and/or digital image, neatly typed.
– photographer’s name, address, phone, e-mail address
– the image name
– the category each image is to be judged
– where the image was taken
– any other information you’d like to include about that image
– please remove any watermark/signatures from photo.
• Digitally altered images are not accepted. These are images that have used digital manipulation using excessive software filters.
– excessive dodging and burning; excessive color saturation; filtering using solarization, mezzotint, duotone; stitched panoramas; high dynamic range (HDR) images; Photo illustrations (combining images from at least two different photos) are also not accepted.
Any photo deemed to be digitally altered to an excessive amount will not be considered for judging.
Life in the Finger Lakes magazine reserves the right to use any photo entry for promotional and online purposes without compensation to photographer. Any photo published in an article in the magazine that is not directly a part of the photo contest will be subject to freelance guidelines and photographer will be compensated accordingly.