Everyday Life, Every Day Art (ELEDA) – a juried regional art show presented by Tioga Arts Council (TAC) and Cloud Croft Studios (CCS) – launched its fourth rendition on recently at Cloud Croft Studios with Awards Ceremony & Opening Night festivities for submitting artists and special guests.
2021 Award Winners
This year, TAC received 184 submissions from 64 artists within 100 miles of Owego. There were 11 Award Categories and $2,650 in prizes. Included in the award categories was the inauguration of the annual “Betty Bryden and Tom Canouse Award” donated by Suzanne and Michael Poe, owners of Cloud Croft Studio. The ongoing “People’s Choice Award” of $200 will be awarded at the close of the show on September 30, 2021. This year’s Award Winners are:
- Best in Show – “Still Life with Blue Butterfly” by Brian Keeler
- Painting – “Summer Cloud” by Kevin Fahey
- Photography – “Construction Site” by Kim Shienbaum
- Sculpture – “Metropolis Queen” by Andrew Fitzsimmons
- Fiber – “Aunt Jemima” by Julie Thurber
- Clay – “Strawberry Field Jar and Pitcher” by Rachel Consolazio
- Wood – “Reliquary” by T. Benjamin Hobbs
- Mixed Media – “Nature’s Tapestry” by Sonji Lee
- Honorable Mentions
- “Feather Your Nest” by Chris Knickerbocker
- “California Pince-Nez Brooch, Pince-Nez Lips with Pearls, Pince-Nez Sea Shells” by James Malenda
- The Betty Bryden and Tom Canouse Award – “Late Summer on the Porch” by Laura Jaen Smith
After the opening, Everyday Life, Every Day Art will be on display from September 3 – 30, 2021 at Cloud Croft Studios, 1003 Sanford Rd., Owego, NY, from Th. – Sun., 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. See work on display, cast your vote for our “People’s Choice Award,” and purchase original art during the month of September. For every artwork sold, 80% of the sale will go to the individual artist and 20% will be used to fund TAC’s Art a la Carte program.
About Art a la Carte
Art a la Carte is a free, arts-enrichment activity delivery program. Through a partnership with Tioga County Food for Families, TAC brings art activities and supplies to families who utilize Summer Meal Sites throughout Tioga County, N.Y. Support artists and this program by purchasing original artwork at the show.
We would like to give a special thanks to: Gold Sponsors, Edward Jones and M&T Bank, Silver Sponsors: Scott, Smith & Son, Inc., and Wegmans; Patron Sponsor: Van Horn Jewelers; and supporters: The Farmhouse Brewery; Lindsay Ousterout Photography; North Branch Arts Trail; The Wine Connection for making this year’s show possible. We are especially grateful to Cloud Croft Studios for the use of their beautiful venue for this month-long event.