Chalk Walk & Arts Fest is an interactive multi-generational community arts event incorporating sidewalk chalk art, live music, and art experiences in historic downtown Dansville. Rain or shine! Free and open to the public. 10am-2pm, Saturday, August 3, 2019.
• Community chalk artists are welcome to participate and create Chalk Walk 101 — 101 feet of continuous sidewalk chalk art. Please register by July 27 to ensure free chalks will be available for you. Forms at Dansville ArtWorks, Dansville Public Library, and dansvilleartworks.com/chalk-walk . Note: chalk pick up begins at 9:45am day of event at Dansville ArtWorks.
• Juried artists include Derek Crocker, Rebecca Crocker, Cheyenne DeMarco, Cindy Provenzano and Zoe Veaunt.
• Learn About Artist mini workshops TBA, 11am-2pm at Dansville ArtWorks.
• Live music by Steel Alchemy starts at 11am.
• Nonprofit info booths include CASA and Whitetails Unlimited Dansville Chapter.
• Sponsors include Genesee Valley Council on the Arts*, Whitetails Unlimited, Genesee Construction Services, Jon & Linda Shay, UR/Noyes Health, Dansville Area Chamber of Commerce, Mill Creek Optical, Muchler Financial Services, LMC Industrial Contractors.
Everything starts at Dansville ArtWorks, 153 Main Street, Dansville. Please note: Main Street between Clara Barton and Ossian Streets is closed for this event. Use side streets and municipal parking lots. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 585.335.4746.
This project is made possible with funds from the Decentralization Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the NYS Legislature and administered by the Genesee Valley Council on the Arts. Chalk Walk, Dansville ArtWorks signature downtown summer street festival, celebrates is eighth year in 2019.