2013 Photo Contest - Twelfth Annual
Deadline: September 30, 2013
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize plaques plus publication in Winter 2013 magazine issue:
• Best Color
• Best Black-and-White
• Best Digitally Altered*
• Grand prize to best overall photograph
(Photographs may also be selected for honorable mention and for photo illustration.)
• Entries are limited to:
5 for Black-and-White
5 for Color
5 for Digitally Altered*.
See below for the definition for "digitally altered."
• When submitting photos as prints (without accompanying digital image):
print should be at least 5 x 7 inches
• When submitting photos as prints AND digital images:
- print should be 4 x 6 inches
- digital image minimum size is 5 x 7 inches, 300 dpi.
Keep in mind to send the best quality digital image you have, with the highest resolution.
- include digital image(s) on a CD/DVD.
• All entries are to be sent through U.S. postal mail or parcel post. No e-mailed entries will be accepted. Please do not send original prints or CD/DVDs – prints and CD/DVDs will not be returned.
• Identify each photo and/or digital image. On a separate sheet, please include the following:
- photographer's name, address, phone, e-mail address
- the image name
- the category each image is to be judged
- where the image was taken (All photographs must be taken in the Finger Lakes Region)
any other information you'd like to include about that image
• Photographs that have already been published in other magazines or newspapers, either online or in print, are not eligible. Photographer cannot be a paid freelance photographer who has already had worked published in "Life in the Finger Lakes" magazine in the past 2 years.
• Only winners will be notified before the Winter issue is published. Please refer to that issue to see the results of the photo contest. Life in the Finger Lakes magazine reserves the right to publish any entry, both online and in print, for both magazine publishing and magazine promotional items.