2016 Photo Contest –
Deadline: August 31, 2016
First, Second and Third Place prize plaques, plus publication in the November/December 2016 magazine issue, are awarded for:
• Digitally Altered*
• There is also a Grand Prize to best overall color or black-and-white photograph
• Honorable Mentions are also awarded for color, black-and-white, and digitally altered.
• Entries are limited to 5 in each category:
(Up to 15 images can be submitted in total)
– 5 for Black-and-White
– 5 for Color
– 5 for Digitally Altered*
See below for the definition for “digitally altered.”
• Submit your high resolution photos as digital images
– Burned to a CD/DVD
– OR –
– email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please send the highest resolution photo that you have. Be careful when emailing – sometimes email programs will try to downsize the image to make mailing faster.
• Submit photos as prints
(if no digital version is available)
– print should be at least 5 x 7 inches and subject matter should be in focus. All entries should be sent through U.S. postal mail or parcel post.
Prints and CD/DVDs will not be returned.
• Identify each photo and/or digital image. On a separate sheet that is typed, not hand written, please include the following:
– photographer’s name, address, phone, e-mail address
– the image name
– the category each image is to be judged
– where the image was taken (all photographs must be taken in the Finger Lakes Region)
– any other information you’d like to include about that image
– please remove any watermark/signatures from photo.
• Photographs that have already been published in other magazines or newspapers, either online or in print, are not eligible. This does not include postings on social media. Photographer cannot be a paid freelance photographer who has already had work published in Life in the Finger Lakes magazine in the past 2 years.
• Only winners will be notified before the November/December Issue is published. Please refer to that issue to see the results of the photo contest. Life in the Finger Lakes magazine reserves the right to publish any entry, both online and in print, for both magazine publishing and magazine promotional purposes.